Carmarthenshire County Museum

Carmarthen SA31 2JG

The County Museum presents many aspects of Carmarthenshire's rich and varied past. Displays include local geology, archaeology, Welsh furniture, ceramics, portraits, landscape paintings, costume, a Victorian schoolroom, life on the farm and the Homefront in World War 2.

Dylan Thomas Boathouse

Dylan's Walk
Laugharne SA3 4SD

Dylan Thomas was one of the greatest writers from Wales and a giant in the 20th century. The most renowned in a school of Anglo-Welsh writers that flourished during that period. He worked in the writing shed above the Boathouse with its remarkable and inspiring views of four estuaries.

Kidwelly Castle

Castle Street
Kidwelly SA17 5BQ

Kidwelly is everything a castle should be - steep earthworks, high towers, tall walls and a great gatehouse which took at least a century to complete.

Kidwelly Industrial Museum

Kidwelly SA17 4LW

Kidwelly Tinplate Works was established in 1737 and operated with varying success until its closure in 1941. Rescued by the Kidwelly Heritage Centre and Tinplate Museum Trust in 1982, the old works now interprets not only the tinplate industry, but also coal mining and brick manufacture in the area.

Laugharne Castle

King Street
Laugharne SA33 4SA

Think Laugharne, think Dylan Thomas, but think castle too. Both Dylan Thomas and author Richard Hughes put pen to paper in the castle's garden summer house. Built in the 13th century by the de Brian family, probably atop an earlier Norman ringwork castle, the solid mansion we see before us is the lasting legacy of Sir John Perrot. It didn't fare too well during the Civil War. Once captured by Parliamentary forces after a siege, it was partially dismantled.

Parc Howard Museum & Art Gallery

Felinfoel Road
Llanelli SA15 3LJ

Parc Howard houses a renowned collection of Llanelli Pottery (1839 - 1921), an art collection and material related to the history of the town. Parc Howard was built by the Buckley family in 1885, a family with a long association of brewing in the town. The mansion, with its 27 acre park, was given to the town of Llanelli in 1912 by Sir Stafford and Lady Howard.