Cannizaro Park, West Side Common, Wimbledon
London SW19 4UE
The grounds of Cannizaro House have become a public park - and perhaps the best public example of a the type of large garden which London mansions had in the 19th century. It has a 'formal garden', with excellent summer bedding, a pool and a woodland garden.
Carew Manor Dovecote
Beddington SM6 7NH
There has been a dovecote at Carew Manor from late medieval times which stood in Pigeon House Meadow, to the east of the present site. It was probably demolished and replaced by the existing large octagonal brick building between 1707 and 1727, when the first Baronet, Sir Nicholas Carew, reorganised the grounds around the house. Collections: Inside is a Roman Coffin on the ground floor which was found in the 1930s when a pipe trench was dug on the east side of Church Road just south of the churchyard. Tours of the Dovecote include a visit to Carew Manor Great Hall, with its late medieval arch-braced hammer-beam roof, listed Grade 1; and a tour of the Manor's cellars with a visible chalk and flint construction dating to earlier houses on this site.
Carlyle's House - National Trust
24 Cheyne Row, Chelsea
London SW3 5HL
A classic Queen Anne house, this was the home of the writer Thomas Carlyle from 1834 until his death in 1881. A tall townhouse in Cheyne Row, close to the River Thames, Carlyle's House was built in 1708 as part of a terrace of London homes.
Carshalton Water Tower & Historic Garden Trust
Carshalton SM5 3PN
The Water Tower is a unique Grade II-listed early 18th century garden building, sited in the grounds of Carshalton House in Surrey. As the name suggests, this contained a water-powered pump, which supplied water to Carshalton House and the fountains in its garden. However, the building was and is much more than this as it contains a suite of rooms such as the Saloon, the Orangery and a splendid early 18th century bathroom with tile-lined plunge bath.
Charlton Road, Greenwich
London SE7 8RE
Charlton House is regarded as the best-preserved ambitious Jacobean house in Greater London. It was built in 1607-12 of red brick with stone dressing, and has an 'E'-plan layout.
Chelsea Physic Garden
66 Royal Hospital Road
London SW3 4HS
Situated in the heart of Chelsea, this 'secret Garden' is a centre of education, beauty and relaxation. Founded in 1673 by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries, it continues to research the properties, origins and conservation of over 5000 species. Collections: The Garden holds approximately 5000 taxa, the collection concentrates on medicinal plants and those of ethnobotanical interest, as well as rare and endangered species. We also grow plants named or introduced by people associated with the Garden's history.
Chiswick House & Gardens Trust
Chiswick House and Gardens
London W4 2RP
Chiswick House is a pioneering example of neoclassical architecture inspired by ancient Rome. It was designed by the third Earl of Burlington, 1694-1753.
London SW1A 1AA
Clarence House, which stands beside St James's Palace, was built between 1825 and 1827 to the designs of John Nash for Prince William Henry, Duke of Clarence, who resided there as King William IV from 1830 until 1837. During its history, the house has been altered, reflecting the changes in occupancy over nearly two centuries.
Crossness Pumping Station
Thames Water Crossness Works, Belvedere Road, Abbey Wood
The Crossness Pumping Station was built by Sir Joseph Bazalgette as part of Victorian London's urgently needed main sewerage system.
Croydon Airport Visitor Centre
Airport House, Purley Way
Croydon CR0 0XZ
Built in 1928, it's official title was Air Port of London, Croydon. This was the UK's international airport through the 1920s and 30s. Exhibition space includes displays located in the world's oldest Air Traffic Control Tower in Airport House. Features include interactive display, exhibits and visual images charting the history of Croydon Airport from World War I airfield, London's international airport, Battle of Britain airfield and closure in 1959.
King William Walk, Greenwich
London SE10 9HT
The existing collections consist principally of the 1869 composite clipper ship Cutty Sark, and her contents. In addition the Trust possesses a collections of artefacts relating to the ship and her history, designers, builders, owners, crews, cargoes, the clipper ship genre, the Merchant Navy and Robert Burns.