Battle Museum of Local History

The Almonry, High Street
Battle TN33 0EA

battlemuseum.co.uk

The Battle Museum was born from the preparations to celebrate the 'Festival of Britain' in 1951. From this 'Battle District Historical Society' was formed. Artefacts were given to the society who set up a small permanent museum in 1953. Various venues housed the museum until it moved to Langton House in 1965.