New Tavern Fort

Milton Place
Gravesham DA12 2BT

gravesham.gov.uk

The New Tavern Fort is the remains of an 18th century fort situated within the Fort Gardens and built in the 1780s to defend the Thames against the threat of a naval attack from France and extensively rebuilt by General Gordon between 1865 and 1879. Come along and venture into the mysterious underground world of the Victorian artilleryman and see the magazines and full size reconstructions of scenes from Gravesend during the Second World War.